Polwarth/Silk 75/25 Combed Top - New!
We've cycled this top four times to create a nice blend of 75% Polwarth and 25% bleached tussah silk that dyes great and is a dream to spin. It has just enough silk to give it shine & drape but not so much it becomes a spinning challenge.
- 75% Polwarth Wool 25% Tussah Silk
- Fiber Source: Falkland Islands (wool)
- Micron Count: 21-23 (polwarth)
- Breed Category: Fine
- Felting Notes: Feltable
- Spinning Notes:
- Best as worsted yarn, tight twist for durability. Elastic, lofty, drapes well. Blooms when washed.
- What to make: Lace, cables, baby items.
- Dye effect: Dyes well, similar to merino.